A kitchen remodel is perhaps the biggest remodeling project a homeowner can take on. If you’re going to do it, it’s important to make sure you do it right, and implement all of the features you need. Considering the amount of money you’re investing in the project and the years it will last you, it’s a good idea to treat yourself to some luxury features you’ve been dreaming about as well.
Here’s a quick overview of some kitchen remodeling ideas you might consider implementing in your Tampa, FL project:
- Kitchen island: A nice multifunctional island is one of the most requested features homeowners often have in their kitchen remodel. Not only will it add needed countertop and storage space and a potential area for your range, but it also can help you create a more functional, practical kitchen space so you can more efficiently move from your sink to your prep and cooking areas.
- Walk-in pantry: Another commonly requested feature for kitchen remodels is a walk-in pantry. Many older kitchens don’t have nearly enough storage space included, so having a walk-in pantry can add quite a bit of value and functionality to your kitchen.
- Doors leading outside: Depending on the configuration and layout of your home, you might consider adding doors leading directly to the outside, especially if your kitchen is right next to an outdoor entertaining space like a deck or patio. This can make your summer barbecues much more enjoyable and keep everyone together in the same area.
- Dishwasher: Many older homes do not have a dishwasher. If you’re remodeling, you should absolutely make sure you leave space for a dishwasher and make the necessary plumbing additions.
- New lighting: While working on your kitchen remodel, you should upgrade the lighting in your kitchen, putting in new fixtures with LED bulbs that will last you for years. Consider putting lighting underneath cabinetry and inside the cabinets as well, which will help you see better when searching for items or preparing food when it’s dark outside.
- Pull out trash: External trash cans can eat up space and can be difficult to keep away from pets. Having pull-out trash and recycling bins in your kitchen will not just keep them out of sight, but also help you to limit odors and cut down on the temptations they present to your pets.
- Speakers: This is a luxury item for sure, but if you like to listen to music or podcasts while you prepare your food, you should consider adding some built-in speakers into your kitchen. Make sure they are Bluetooth capable so you can easily stream from your phone or other device.
- Pot filler: A pot filler is an extra faucet you can add with a cold water line that will prevent you from taking up sink space when you’re using numerous pots.
These are just a few examples of some of the must-have features of a new kitchen remodel in Tampa, FL. For more information, we encourage you to contact the team at Schoeman Construction today.